2 large cucumbers
½ cup minced red onion or chives
1 cup plain yogurt
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp vinegar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp coarse-ground black pepper
2 Tbsp fresh mint leaves, chopped fine
1. Slice the cucumbers in either thin rounds or half-moons.
2. Mix with the minced onions.
3. Blend yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper, and mint together.
4. Toss dressing with cucumbers and onions and serve immediately.
Make this recipe in small batches. If left to sit overnight it gets watery, so try to make just enough for a meal, and toss the dressing just before serving.
This is one of those yummy, wholesome salad recipes that is endlessly adaptable. Once you have the right proportions of lentils, olive oil, lemon juice and salt you can freely improvise the rest of the recipe.
4 cups lentils, cooked (2 cups dry)
¼ cup olive oil
¼ cup lemon juice
½ tsp salt
½ cup fresh Mint, minced
1 medium tomato
1/3 cup minced red onion
¾ cup chopped walnut
½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
½ cup chopped olives
1. Chop, dice and mince, and toss all the above ingredients together.
2. Don’t be afraid to add a few other odds and ends you might have in the fridge, this recipe is very flexible.
3. You can add 1 cup mild wild greens, chopped fine in a food processor to boost up the nutritional value. Try Chickweed, Violet leaves, Lambsquarters, or Purslane. You could also substitute parsley or cilantro for the wild greens.
2 cups Violet leaves, cut into thin ribbons
1 carrot, grated
1 cup Mint leaves, chopped fine or minced in food processor
1 cup dried fruit (choice of raisins, dates, craisins, currants, apricot)
1 cup walnuts
1 cup Violet blossoms
Toss everything together and top with your favorite dressing. Try it with Creamy Violet dressing for a total Violet experience!